Monday, November 5, 2007

Tucson Activities



We actually have been having a lot of fun even though my post about the trip to Mexico wouldn't be evidence of that. Apparently there is a limit to the number of pictures one can load in one post or else my computer is just tired of transferring because I don't seem to be able to get any more on here.
One day after dropping Jaren off at the poetry center, I took the kids to a park on Speedway and though many homeless men and women--some drunks, some drug users--regularly inhabit the park, we were able to carve out our own space; the kids had a wonderful time totally unaware of another lifestyle playing its pitiful scenes nearby. There were some other children playing and the interaction was sweet.
It has taken many visits to get Emilia to accept me. The picture of her shows her in a little private game she was playing. She would climb on the toy and then take off in a run, face alight, into my waiting arms where she would give me a cuddle before returning to the toy. She repeated this routine about twenty times.
No one was there to record the expression on my face.





Yesterday, the family had a surprise planned for me. We went for a short drive up in the mountains--actually to the Tucson Mountain Park where the views were spectacular. More than spectacular really. One needs to double click on the pics in order to really appreciate the rugged beauty where we ate a picnic lunch before going to church.








I obviously have not mastered the placing of pictures in this post.
Jaren just received a new calling last week. I'll leave it to him to share that or not. I feel priviledge to have been here when he was set apart and to hear both him and Charity bear their testimonies.
I will have to write another post to see if I can get the other pictures I want.

5 comments:

Jaren Watson said...

You sneaky, wicked wicked. When did you post this potes? You're right about the double-click necessity. They look great enlarged.

charityeve said...

I love all these pictures with the exception of my HUGE arm profile. Uhg, yucky, gross!

It was a great day, wasn't it?

jenhirr said...

i love the reflection of grandma's purse!

renwai said...

What reflection of what purse? You must be on something I'm not, although a few days ago, I bought some stringless snap peas and fed some to Claire reminding her that she used to eat peas in my garden. Today she asked me if she could have some more weed.
Mom

renwai said...

Jen
Wow, how spooky. The picture that no longer shows on my post does have a reflection of my purse in it. I do not understand that.
Mom